Maintaining your Stainless-Steel Product
Who doesn’t want to retain a sparkling finish on their stainless-steel surfaces?
Did you know that you don't need expensive products or special equipment to achieve this – ordinary household cleaners are usually all that is required.
Here are the main points to bear in mind:
- Plenty of water, some mild detergent and a cloth will do the job.
- It can scratch, so avoid dragging rough items across the surface
- Avoid any acidic cleaners on your stainless-steel product. If too much acid is used, it can dull the surface of the steel, which is not what anyone wants.
- Wipe in the direction of the grain. When wiping the stainless-steel product, always wipe in the direction of the grain to prevent scratches and create a polished look.
The Australian Stainless Steel Association (ASSDA) has put together a great list of easy DOs and DON’Ts when it comes to cleaning your stainless steel product – keeping that shine.
This document also touches on how to best remove the common offenders, which include:
- Fingerprints, oil & grease marks
- Tea & coffee stains
- Sticky labels
- Rust marks
- Hard water scale
- Cement and mortar
Ready to learn more?
By Admin | April 26, 2022